Shrimp de Jonghe
Crab on Toast Tips
Marinated Crab Legs
Scallops de Edward
Stuffed Sole Fillets
Florets of Shark
Back to the Main Menu
- One 1-pond can red salmon
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Remove skin and flake the salmon.
- Mix with other ingredients and stuff into an 8 x 4-inch greased loaf pan. Bake in a 350° F oven for 35 minutes.
- Or, double the above ingredients, stuff into a large loaf pan and bake at 350° F for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, sliced.
- 2 pounds live lobsters
- 1/4 pound snow-capped mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat three quarts of salted water to the boiling point.
- Plunge lobtsres into water, cover and reheat to boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and cool lobsters.
- Carefully separate the meat from the shells; reserve shells. Cut lobster meat into small pieces; set aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in margarine until onion is tender. Stir in sherry, parsley, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Combine milke and flour in a shaker or bowl anf blend thoroughly. Add to mushroom mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the lobster meat. Return to heat and heat thoroughly.
- Place empty lobster shells on a cookie sheet and fill them with the hot mixture.
- combine bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over lobster mixture in the shells. Bake at 450° F for 8-10 minutes.
SHRIMP DE JONGHE
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon leek, finely snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, finely snipped
- Dash of each: black pepper, allspice, thyme and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Clean and rinse shrimps. Arrange shrimps n four shell baking dishes.
- Add the wine and garlic. Dot each shell with 1/4 of the butter.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and blend into a paste. Crumble over the shrimps.
- Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes.
CRAB ON TOAST TIPS
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup chive, snipped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6-ounce can crab meat
- 8 pieces of toast
- Combine 2½ cups of milk, chives, parsley, pimiento, oregano, salt, pepper and basil in a saucepan.
- Combine rest of milk and flour into a bowl; blend well. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add crab meat and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toast.
MARINATED CRAB LEGS
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pound cooked crab meat from legs
- Mix marinade, lemon juice, water and basil.
- Add crab meat. Marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold.
SCALLOPS DE EDWARD
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups bay scallops
- 1/4 cup chablis wine
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Spray nonstick skillet with spray. Sauté onion and mushrooms over low heat until slightly soft.
- Add scallops and chablis, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend water and cornstarch. Slowly add to skillet, stirring gently to avoid breaking scalops and cook over low heat until mixture is clear and liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve hot.
STUFFED SOLE FILLETS
- 2¼ pounds sole fillets, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 6-ounce cooked/frozen vegetables
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Combine ingredients for marinade in flat baking dish and stir to blend. Clean fish; place in marinade for one hour, turning occasionally.
- Combine stuffing ingredients in a medium bowl; work into a semi-moist mixture. Stuff each fillet; secure. Roll in breadcrumbs*. Chill thoroughly.
- Fry in deep oil at 375° F until brown. Drain. Serve hot.
FLORETS OF SHARK
- 1 pound shark steak
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Carefully cut the skin and bones from the shark steak. Cut out the flower design on each side of the steak to make florets.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the cloves, bay leaf, parsley and onion; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the shark florets. Sauté until fish turns white on both sides
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.